After the official NCAA Southeast Regional bracket was announced here are our immediate reactions.
- North Georgia is not only the hottest team in the Southeast but in the country right now and will be our favorites to win it all this year. Host a regional of 3 other teams that they have not seen all year and gets surprise Conference Carolinas tournament champ, North Greenville to open up.
- Carson-Newman gets hopped for hosting opportunities. We will head to Savannah and Armstrong State who will be playing the last set of college games on this field as the athletic program shuts down after this season.
- Conference Carolinas = Softball Powerhouse. First time the conference has sent 3 teams to the tournament and matching the PBC who is usually sending 4 or more teams to the tournament.
- Pfeiffer with no love. Although they are ranked in the top 10 nationally, the #3 team in the power rankings and posts the best winning percentage in the Southeast they fall all the way to the #7 spot. While strength of schedule should matter a Limestone team which did not win the regular season and failed to make the championship game in the tournament is seeded high at #4.
- Rematches to watch. Lenoir-Rhyne and Young Harris were both swept by their first round match-ups in the season in Limestone and Armstrong State respectively. We are sure both are hungry for a little revenge heading into the postseason.
- Flagler sits at home wondering what if. The only team with a real complaint that will be sitting out the postseason is Flagler who gets bumped by North Greenville winning the CC tournament. Flagler had an impressive season and made it all the way to the PBC championship game before falling to North Georgia.
- The tournament is going to be good. There are some interesting match-ups in the first set of regionals and it will be interesting which two teams come out on top.
Stay tuned to Down South as we will look to break down each of the series heading into this weekend.